Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Back to Portland/Columbia River Gorge, Oregon

We were nearing the end of our trip and really sad to leave the Coast behind, but we were looking forward to driving through Portland to see the Columbia River Gorge.

We stopped at Bunk Sandwiches in Portland for a quick lunch, and I may have overdone it with the grilled tillamook cheese, but dang, it was delicious! And I am salivating for some as I write this...





We took the Historic Columbia River Highway which wound its way through the Gorge.



Stopping at the Crown Point Vista House. The octagonal structure reminded me of the entrance to the Georgia Tech Library, which is done in a somewhat similar Art Nouveau style.





We drove by and stopped at too many waterfalls to count, but the most majestic (and popular) of them all was Multnomah Falls.



Once we got our fill on waterfalls and beautiful scenery, we made our way back to Portland and stopped at Fred Meyer as I hunted for an Oregon magnet to add to my collection. We marvelled at the enormous beer selection. Might this be enough to entice Andy to move to Portland?



We met up with Travis and Lizy one final time at Sweet Hereafter, a vegan bar in SE Portland. Ok, this place was yum-tastic, and I wish we had gone sooner so I could try their entire menu.





It was a great way to end our two and a half week trip in the Pacific NW!

No comments:

Post a Comment