Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Dan's Wedding, Edgartown, MA - Part V

We arrived on-site of the wedding and reception and were immediately blown away by the location. The event took place in the neighborhood of Tower Hill, an exclusive enclave of residences. I didn't think it could get any more exclusive in Martha's Vineyard! Despite the exclusivity, the wedding and reception was understated and elegant much like the bride.

I really liked the cheery color combinations that couple had chosen. The food was thoughtfully chosen, and I was amazed by raisins still on the vine.

 
 
I loved the tulips that popped up in the occasional flower arrangement.

 
The bride arrived in a dramatic fashion. The "Man of Honor" and Groomsman set out into the harbor to pick her up from a catamaran and rowed her to shore.

 
The lovely Mr. and Mrs. Dan Heacock.

 
Hors d'oeuvres were plentiful, and my favorite were the figs and walnut gorgonzola.

 
Dinner was light and tasty. I had the vegetarian option of spinach salad with sliced peaches.

 
Green beans, israeli couscous, wild mushrooms, and parsnips rounded out the meal.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment