Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mana Food Bar, Chicago, Illinois

Since I lived in Chicago for close to two years, I had the opportunity to eat at most of the vegetarian restaurants. Mana Food Bar is a newcomer to the vegetarian restaurant scene, so I had to give it a try, especially since it is so highly rated on Yelp.

 
 
 
I made it a point to get to this spot, even though I had to take a really roundabout way to get here. It was totally worth it. My server was really helpful and recommended the watermelon lemonade. Great combination!

 
The menu is broken down by Cold and Hot, so I ordered this Five Spice Tofu salad from the Cold section. Another one out of the park! The flavors were so right on.

 
The only disappointment was the Mushroom Saute over Creamy Polenta. It was good, but the flavors were a bit too strong for my liking. It was also really rich, and I couldn't finish it.

 
I really love this place, and I can't wait to come back on another visit to my adopted hometown. The menu looks incredible, as with any restaurant there are hit or misses. I loved the ambiance, the size, the friendly service. Everything about it was so right. Mana, you complete me!

No comments:

Post a Comment