Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Vegan Celebration

My Mom, who is a Restaurateur/Vegetarian/SCUBA diver/Cookbook Author, celebrated her 55th birthday this year. With the help of Chad Greene, a Chef at Park 75 at the Four Seasons Atlanta, we put on an intimate 6-course dinner complete with cakes from Dulce Vegan in my parents' home.

 
I created flower arrangements using flowers from Dekalb Farmers Market.

 
 

Chad had prepped most of the food at his house and completed the rest of the cooking in my parents' kitchen.

 
 
Braised tofu in tamarind, pineapple syrup with fava beans, scallions and cilantro.

 
Local green beans and wax beans with shallots and spring onions.

 
Zucchini and oyster and shittake mushrooms with fresh lemon juice and gremolata made from chopped parsley and fresh lemon zest.

 
Sauteed Brussels sprout leaves with toasted almonds and soya sauce.

 

My parents.

 
Right before we all dug in!

 
Romaine steaks with carrots, red wine pickled fennel, cucumber with vegan dressing made from potato puree, apple cider vinegar, and mexican oregano.

One dish I didn't a photo of was the roasted corn on the cob with coffee & paprika, it was gone before I had a chance to take a picture.

 
Chad and my sister, Annie.

 
Turning 55!

No comments:

Post a Comment