Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Brazil to Germany

I'm a little confused with the time and date today. We flew from Cuiaba (at 12:45pm Brazil time) into Sao Paulo where we met up with Crystal - a coworker of mine. She had decided instead of staying in Sao Paulo that she would go to Leipzig one day early, so I changed my flight as well. I'll have to come back to Sao Paulo another time to check out the Samba clubs - which Pedro (our translator) gave a few recommendations.

We had an 8 hour layover in the Sao Paulo airport and left at 8:30pm on Lufthansa. Lufthansa was a big letdown, I was hoping for KLM-quality or better, but it's comparable to Delta. The flight was very full, and there was a large group of Kuwaitis on-board. I sat next to a very nice, yet very large Kuwaiti man. The flight was 11 hours, and we flew to Frankfurt - and had another 2 hour layover on our way to Leipzig. We finally arrived in Leipzig at around 2pm (11am Brazil time). So a total of approximately 24 hours of traveling today!! So I'm a little tired, but I need to stay awake so I can beat jetlag.

Luckily today and tomorrow we're staying at the Westin - and it's very nice and modern. Plus we have all day tomorrow off. Upon entering Leipzig, it has a very East Germany feel to it: industrial and grim, but the center of town looks pretty nice. We're going to explore after I finish uploading my photos to Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment