Pages

Monday, December 8, 2008

Germany - Leipzig

Guten Tag!

Last night we wandered around and came across the Christmas market. It was full of vendors selling all things Christmas and bratwurst. They really love their sausage here! There were tons of people walking around, and we were packed like sardines. There were some interesting Christmas tchotskes, but most things look too delicate to transport - so I'll probably wait til Berlin to get anything fragile.



I got up this morning after a full night's sleep. Crystal and I met up and went to the Hauptbahnof, which is a train station and mall. There seems to be a trend that malls are also train stations in Europe (i.e. Roma Termini).

It may be where we are (East Germany), but not a lot of English is spoken here. We've managed to get by on Crystal's German translation book - which I need to get a copy of for Berlin. However, we'll be with 2 German speakers starting tomorrow.

We got breakfast at a place called Pic-nic in the Hauptbahnof. I drank some tea and ate some granola with joghurt. Crystal has all the photos, so I'll try to get them from her. We wandered around the mall looking for a grocery store. We found an apothecary, and a "health food" store, where I bought Powerbars and soy milk. Soy milk has been surprisingly easy to come by.



I have a lot of work to do, but we'll be heading out to explore some more after I've finished some things, and I'll report back.

Auf Wiedershehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment