Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Brazil - Sorriso


We had a long day traveling from Cuiaba to Sorriso - a six hour drive. The two lane road was bumpy and needed repair, but the vistas were amazing. This is truly the flattest place on Earth. The dirt is red like Georgia red clay, and buildings all have terracota roof tiles. I saw emus in the soybean fields. I ate at a churascaria, and there are absolutely no vegetarian dishes except for salad, which we can't eat for fear of contamination. So I ate some rice and beans (most likely non-vegetarian).

We just checked into Opuka Hotel. It's on the edge of a farming town called Sorriso. I can't say it's the nicest place or the cleanest. It's hostel-like, and I don't think any of the other hotels will be any better. I'm staying here 2 nights instead of 3 (thank goodness), and I'll be back in Cuiaba on Friday evening to catch our flight in Sao Paulo to Leipzig on Saturday.

Brazilians are very friendly and understanding. People aren't joking about the women, they're simply gorgeous.

I'm uploading the photos I took today - they're mostly photos taken from the car.


Hope everyone is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment