Pages

Monday, December 8, 2008

Germany - Leipzig Update 2

We did some more walking around in Leipzig this evening. Most interesting is that Goethe, Wagner, Bach, and Schiller are from Leipzig. Goethe actually wrote Faust based on several landmarks around the city, so that's pretty exciting. I wish I had more time to actually take in more of the culture!

Crystal and I finally tried some Glubwein - mulled wine with rum. You can see some photos of us with our commemorative mugs. People get really happy drinking this stuff. All around us we just saw people stuffing their faces with bratwurst and glubwein. I also took some photos of some of the vendors of the Christmas market. Most of the Christmas decorations are carved wood figurines, which are really cute and affordable. I'm going to wait until I go to Berlin to buy anything though.

We met up with our German client and went to dinner at an Italian restaurant. Luckily I'm familiar with italian dishes, so I had a vegetarian risotto.



There are definitely places for vegetarians to eat, such as Indian restaurants.

We have an early morning tomorrow - so time to sign off. We're heading toward Wittenberge, where we're staying tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment